Nazmiye joined the PSI Environment Group in February 2005. Prior to joining PSI, she worked as a post-doctoral researcher at the Regional Economics Applications Laboratory at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Her main research interests include integration of environment, economy and energy models; modelling and analysis of regional energy systems and their relationship to overall economic growth and development; analysis of climate change impacts and their implications for local healthcare policy and provision. Nazmiye holds a PhD in Regional Planning from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Ph.D.: Regional Planning, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2004.
M.Sc.: Regional Planning, Istanbul Technical University, 1997.
B.Sc.: Urban and Regional Planning, Istanbul Technical University, 1995.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7911 7537
Current research projects
- Consumer preferences for smart homes: a comparative study between the United Kingdom, Germany and Italy
- Scenarios for the development of smart grids in the UK
Completed research projects
- Analysing Transition planning and Systemic Energy Planning Tools for the implementation of the Energy Technology Information System (ATEsT)
- Carbon Calculations over the Life Cycle of Industrial Activities (CCaLC)
- UK Sustainable Hydrogen Energy Consortium 2 CORE
- State-of-the-art modelling of hydrogen infrastructure development for the UK: Geographical, temporal and technological optimisation modelling
- A Systematic Approach to Estimation of Life Cycle Carbon Inventory, Carbon Footprints and Embodied Carbon (Carbon Vision)
- United Kingdom Energy Research Centre (UKERC)
- UK Sustainable Hydrogen Energy Consortium (UKSHEC)
- N. Balta, K. Donaghy and C. Wymer, 'Meeting Kyoto targets in an Enlarged European Union: Comparative dynamics analyses with an empirical endogenous growth model', the 1st Atlantic Workshop on Environmental and Energy Economics, September 9-12 2004, Spain.
- N. Balta, and K. Donaghy, 'Rawlsian and Paretian Approaches to Environmental Policymaking in an Expanding European Union', the 50th Annual North American Meetings of the Regional Science Association International, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, November 20-22, 2003.
- N. Balta and K. Donaghy, 'Harmonization of Environmental Policies Between the EU-15 and New Accession Countries', workshop on "Trade and the Environment in the Perspective of the EU Enlargement" by Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM), Milano (Italy), May 17-18, 2001.
- N. Balta, K. Donaghy and B. Orland, 'Understanding and Responding to Climate Change at the Regional Level: Applications of On-line DSSs', American Collegiate Schools of Planning Conference in Atlanta, November 2-5, 2000.
- N. Balta, 'Change in firm population and spatial variations:
The case of Turkey', the 38th Congress of the European Regional Science Association,
Vienna, Austria, August 28- September 1, 1998.
Regional Science Association International.