PSI leads courses on Applied Social Research
Policy Studies Institute leads the Masters in Applied Market and Social Research offered by University of Westminster. The course focuses on issues and skills that are fundamental to becoming a well-rounded researcher or research manager in market and social research. It can be studied full or part-time and is designed for those working in research or with research experience. The course involves:
- Applied Social and Market Research in Context (year-long)
- Research Design, Ethics and Management
- Introduction to Qualitative and Quantitative Research
- Qualitative Research Methods and Data Analysis
- Quantitative Research Methods and Data Analysis
- Research Practice and Assessment
- Dissertation (those undertaking a predominantly quantitative dissertation will be awarded the MSc and those undertaking a predominantly qualitative one will be awarded the MA).
The course is accredited by the Market Research Society (MRS) and we also offer the MRS Diploma in Market and Social Research.
The Director of Policy Studies Institute, Malcolm Rigg, is the Course leader. He has considerable experience as both a market and social research practitioner in the public, business and commercial sectors. He was previously Managing Director of the British Market Research Bureau (BMRB). He was Director of Research at COI Communications, Head of Public Interest Research at Which? and a Director of IFF Research. He is a Fellow of the MRS and RSA, an Academician of the Social Sciences and Honorary Life Member of the Association of Survey Computing.
For more information about these courses, click here. If you have any questions about these courses contact, please contact Malcolm Rigg at: firstname.lastname@example.org.