Sustainable Development Research Network (phase III)
Funded by: Defra
January 2007 to December 2009
Background, summary and aims
The SDRN is a Defra funded initiative, coordinated by the Policy Studies Institute and supported by a broadly-based Advisory Committee comprising leading academics, research funders, government policymakers and other stakeholders.
Aims and Objectives
The SDRN aims to facilitate and strengthen the links between providers of research and policymakers across government, in order to improve evidence-based policymaking to deliver the UK government's objectives for sustainable development. Its specific objectives are to:
- Facilitate the provision of research and evidence to policymakers;
- Engage government policymakers, scientists and memebrs of the research community;
- Promote sustainable development in the research and academic communities;
- Work with funding bodies to encourage relevant research; and
- Advise the Defra Sustainable Development Unit on SD research issues.
- Undertakes Research and Evidence Reviews
- Organises an Annual Sustainable Development Research Conference
- Is planning a new Sustainable Development and Quality of Life Lecture Series
- Publishes an online Guide to UK Sustainable Development Research Centres and Evidence Providers
Membership of the network is free and open to all those with a professional interest in UK SD Research and policy. Members receive a fortnightly email newsletter, the SDR-Network Mailing. For more information, please see http://www.sd-research.org.uk.